Instrument Rating Course
A pilot is incomplete without Instrument Rating (IR) endorsed on his/her Pilot License. The Instrument Training enables a pilot to fly in conditions where outside visual references are not available. Thus, even when the visibility is bad in winters or when one enters clouds inadvertently, the pilot is still able to execute a safe flight if he/she is thoroughly trained to fly with reference to the aircraft instruments.
Instrument Training Course at Sky Wings Flight Academy is available to all the Student Pilots who want to undergo this training after attaining their PPL or CPL.
- A valid Pakistani PPL or higher license
- A valid Class 1 Medical Certificate by CAMB, CAA Pakistan. However,,
the holders of PPL with Class 2 Medical Assessment shall have their
hearing acuity established on the basis of compliance with the
hearing requirements for the issue of Class 1 Medical Assessment.
- Air Law relevant to the flight under IFR
- Radio Aids: principles of operation, serviceability, limitations, errors, uses and procedures related to a particular aid including procedures in case of malfunctions
- Aircraft Instruments: principles of operation, serviceability, limitations, errors, uses and procedures in case of malfunctions
- IFR Flight Preparation and Planning
- Human Performance and Limitations relevant to Instrument Flights
- Practical Navigation using Radio Navigation Aids
- Radiotelephony procedures related to IFR Flights
The Student Pilots undergoing training for the IR shall have to complete their Instrument Flying Training requirements (both ground and flying training) within six months. The requirement is to fly 40 hours of Instrument Flying.